Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Summer Movies I Want to See

Unlike most summer/blockbuster seasons, there are actually quite a few movies I can't wait to see this summer! It's so nice to still be excited about going to the movies post-Oscar season. Here's the first of many I'm excited to see:


Moonrise Kingdom - May 24th
This is director Wes Anderson's first film since 2009's The Fantastic Mr. Fox, and gauging from the trailer, it appears to be classic Wes Anderson fare, other that that there is not a Wilson brother in sight. (If you've seen Anderson's other movies, you know he has certain actors who he reuses over and over again, two of them being Luke and Owen Wilson. ) Fear not though, for Billy Murray and Jason Schwartzman (two other regulars) both have lead roles, and they are joined rather excitingly by Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Tilda Swinton, and Frances McDormand. The story takes place in 1965 New England, and follows two preteen runaways and the adults who are looking for them. If the trailer is any indication, the film will be aesthetic perfection. The poster alone is worth hanging on a wall even if the movie means nothing to you! I'm sure I will see this movie soon after it comes out, since Pete is a huge Wes Anderson fan. We'll see if the story lives up to the visuals. Check out the trailer below:


1 comment:

  1. Rach,
    I have seen this trailer once before at a movie theater. It looks strange but strangely intriguing!! And it stars a pretty impressive cast! When you see it, let me know what you think! I think I could talk Dad into seeing it!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete